Were you aware there are independent study courses offered through the Emergency Management Institute of FEMA.
The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) offers self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. All are offered free-of-charge to those who qualify for enrollment.
FEMA’s Independent Study Program offers courses that support the nine mission areas identified by the National Preparedness Goal.
- Incident Management
- Operational Planning
- Disaster Logistics
- Emergency Communications
- Service to Disaster Victims
- Continuity Programs
- Public Disaster Communications
- Integrated Preparedness
- Hazard Mitigation
Here is a list of just a few of the courses offered:
- Household Hazardous Materials – A Guide to Citizens (IS-55a)
- Leadership and Influence (IS-240b)
- Animals in Disasters: Awareness and Preparedness (IS-10a)
- Basic Workplace Security Awareness (IS-906)
- Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster (IS-394a)
- Active Shooter: What You Can Do (IS-907)