Daily Laboratories was originally established in 1960 as a dairy laboratory in Peoria, IL by Howard Daily at the request of the Illinois Dept. of Public Health. We currently meet the following requirements:
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Interstate Milk Shippers Program
- Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
- Food and Drug Administration
Daily Laboratories perform microbiological testing on raw cow and goat milk, milk products, and dairy products including cheese and ice cream. We monitor raw milk for the presence of inhibitors (antibiotics). We also do component testing of raw milk.
Daily Laboratories is a state-approved testing laboratory for raw milk to be sold from the farm.
Monitoring dairy plants for pathogens, such as Listeria and Salmonella has been a concern for the past 15 years and Daily Laboratories has programs with dairies to monitor their environmental pathogens.
Below, find some of the analyses we currently perform on dairy products:
MICROBIOLOGY TESTING COMPONENT TESTING
- Aerobic Plate Count Butterfat
- Coliforms Solids, not fat (SNF)
- DMSCC – cow Protein
- DMSCC – goat Added water
- E. coli Density
- Yeast & mold counts Lactose
- Antibiotic residue
- Environmental samples for Listeria spp.
- Environmental samples for Salmonella spp.